A Mixer is not necessary for this recipe and you can even combine the ingredients into one bowl for easy clean up!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes 9X13 loaf
- 5-6 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar (or 1 ½ cups) if you want it sweeter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour (360 gms)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 9×13-inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Add the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or so hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve.